We use cookies to understand how you use our site and to improve your experience. This includes personalizing content and advertising. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of Cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
  • 0 views
  • Edit

Accused Admiral Breaks Silence after First Court Appearance

2018-04-10 18:31
Accused Admiral Breaks Silence after First Court Appearance Vice-Admiral Mark Norman made a court appearance in Ottawa on Tuesday concerning an accusation that he leaked sensitive information about a shipbuilding project. Norman says he's eager to deal with the criminal charge he faces and return to serving Canadians. Norman was charged last month with breach of trust and denies any wrongdoing. He is slated to return to Ontario court May 15 to begin setting a timetable for proceedings. “I’m anxious to get to court, get this dealt with as quickly as possible, and get back to serving the people of Canada,” he said following the appearance. Norman, who was the military's second-in-command until suspended from duty early last year, faces up to five years in prison. The case revolves around a November 2015 decision by the newly elected Liberal government to reconsider a $700-million contract the Harper Conservatives had awarded to Quebec-based Davie Shipbuilding.